Thursday, January 28, 2010

Team Discussion and Blog Post 1/28

*** to later be posted on the class blog

C. Describe Jem. Give at least 2 character traits and support with examples and page numbers.

Curious- Many of Jem's and Dill's conversations are about trying to get Boo Radley out of the Radley house, or what he does inside of it.

Quote: (p. 69) "Dill and Jem were simply going to peep in the window with the loose shutter to see if they could get a look at Boo Radley, and if I didn't want to go with them I could go straight home and keep my fat flopping mouth shut, that was all."

(p.61) "Jem said placidly, 'We are going to give a note to Boo Radley."
"Jem was merely going to put the note on the end of a fishing pole and stick it through the shutters."

Caring- Even though Jem doesn't always say the nicest things to Scout, we can see, by his actions, that he still cares for her.

Quote: (p. 137) {*note: in this quote Jem cares for Scout by giving her an apologetic look and helped her up from the ground}
"By that time I was shrieking. Jem yanked my hair, said he didn't care, he'd do it again if he got a chance, and if I didn't shut up he'd pull every hair out of my head. I didn't shut up and he kicked me. I lost my balance and fell on my face. Jem picked me up roughly but looked like he was sorry. There was nothing to say."

1 comment:

  1. hey Korie its me again,

    i commented on your other writing but im afraid your not gunna get it. Im from the new jersey class you video chatted to (by the way all of you did a great job). so i was the good looking boy in the dark green shirt. Anyway, i was wondering if you or anyone else had a facebook. i would love to make my friends list more diverse!

    have fun in school,
    Will <3

    ReplyDelete