Friday, April 15, 2011

Project Icarus: Journal #1

Learning and Research Process

Topic:
Japanese Home Stay Program

Passion & Stretch:
*I went on an exchange program to Japan when I was 11
*Since my trip, my family has hosted 3 different times (4 people total)
*The club extending off of JASH, Bridge Club Hawaii, has a mission statement to form a human network of global citizens, both locally and internationally, to promote peace and coexistence
*I want to learn the culture and language of students from Japan
*I want to be able to use what I learn to communicate effectively

Resources & Research:
*Staff at Japan-American Society of Hawaii (JASH)
*Former host families
*Former exchange students from Hawaii

Process & Product:
*Participate in collaborating events with JASH
*Continue to study the Japanese language in school
*Practice Japanese by keeping in contact with prior home stay students

1 comment:

  1. Hi Korie,
    Since we've already communicated in conversation and on email/text, I'll just put your assessment score here :)
    Looking forward to seeing the project progress :)
    mrs s
    Assessment score: ES (4)

    ReplyDelete