Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Journal #3: Impact

My passion is in communicating with many different people; this program brings a new definition to communication. Our whole purpose of interaction to anyone is our effort to convey a message. This is something that I understand is important, Project Icarus really reenforced this interest by challenging me to interact with people not of my culture. From this project I have gained skills in being an effective communicator (GLO #5!). The research portion requires me to showing my message through writing, where as the impact activity challenges me to push my message across by video media and interviews. Recently, when we had a Japanese exchange student stay over at our house this year, I had to apply my limited knowledge of Japanese in order to talk to him. The point of school is to train us to use our voice to express an idea. My curriculum this past school year included three classes that taught me how to relay messages: Language Arts, Japanese, and TV Production. I have learned a lot from each of these three classes, and have, in my opinion, become a better, and more fluent speaker because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment