Sunday, December 13, 2009

Reflection of Online Portfolio

Wow! This semester came and went quickly. I have produced lots of quality work and have created a online portfolio website to display it. I actually can't believe I have completed making my own website! It was made from HTML coding, and it takes a while to get the hang of it.

If your wondering how this aligns with the D.O.E. standards, it is part of GLO (General Learner Outcomes) #5- 'Being An Effective Communicator'. This is also a great opportunity to comment on my learning.

While commenting below, it would help me if you included answers to the following questions:

  1. What did you like best about my portfolio and portfolio conference? What would you like to see me improve on in my portfolio?
  2. From your point of view, which of my attainments of the 4 traits of writing is of most value? Please explain why you feel it is important and what about my documentation of it impresses you.
  3. Which of the traits of writing would you like me to focus on in the coming semester?

So what are you waiting for? :) Click on the link here http://www2.k12.hi.us/~klum/HomePage.html to go!

Thank you!
Korie

2 comments:

  1. Impressive Korie! The pages were easy to navigate and allowed me to view the variety of writing samples easily. I also value your blue annotations, as they provided an "insight" to your thoughts and provided a bigger picture of the assignment in a short period of time. The personal pride you took in each assignment and compiling it into a personal website is something I enjoyed witnessing, as it speaks volumes about how you value your education! :) At this time, I don't have any suggestions for improvement of your portfolio, as you are years beyond me in being able to manipulate the html coding to build it from the bottom up!

    (continued on next post)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organization of your writing has grown and a critical trait to effective writing. Without organization, the reader is lost and becomes confused. Papers without organization is like a person who talks just for the sake of saying words. As stated earlier, I felt having the blue annotations was written in an effective font and placed meaningfully.

    Although, your sense of organization has a solid foundation, I would like for you to continue focusing on organization. The purpose of each piece influences the nuances of how you might consider to organize your ideas.

    As you know, I have always enjoyed reading your writing and am pleased to gain insightful perspectives of our world by hearing your voice through written words.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete