Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Allusion Poem- "Looking Around"

It is simply illogical.

This world I’m in,

It’s strange

It’s new

It’s changing


Curiosity and determination

compel me to venture forward


Steps get awkward

I feel clumsy

How is it possible to feel so out of place?


Let me out of this

‘dream-world’

I want to escape.


With a stroke of luck

I’ve found a way to fit in

(although it must have been something I ate)

It works too well,

now the world is big around me

as if I were shrinking

People intimidate

Problems complicate


Yet,

When I’m small

I see simplicity.

doors close,

but another just appears

getting back on my feet,

colors change

saturated to vivid


On second thought,

I wouldn’t mind going down that rabbit hole again

3 comments:

  1. Hello there PIRATE! ARGH! :D

    I really enjoyed reading your poem. Short and straight to the point. I love how you showed your personality by using Alice in Wonderland as your allusion. HAHA! I got it even when you didn't mention it! :D
    The evocative words that you used such as strange, new, changing, 'dream-world,' shrinking, small, colors, saturated to vivid, and rabbit hole.
    Very creative and well written.
    I can really see the Korie in this poem. Day by day, you enter an unknown world and you experience new things. You learn from them and from the many things you observe. Time and time again, you have that feeling of going back and reliving the moment.
    Great job! I wish I could write like you! Keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Korie,

    Your poem was really good and interesting. It was really creative as Shaneika said. This poem sounds as if it were based on your personal experiences, which I like. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Korie (or should I say, Alice?)
    great job on both poem and graphic! I loved the match of graphic and labels...they worked very well together!
    and your poem not only alluded nicely to your "world view" but also captured (IMHO) the feel of Lewis Carroll's story.
    And, although this is a personal allusion, it can relate to the universal teen experience of coming of age.
    bravo!
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete